Joining the VFA
Joining the Viewing Facilities Association and displaying the VFA logo is the best way of showing your customers that you are fully committed to providing a professional high-quality service, and we would be delighted to tell you what the application process involves.
Embrace our high standards
The VFA isn't just an advertising directory and joining the VFA involves a lot more than simply paying a joining fee. Only those facilities which meet the very high standards we require will qualify for membership.
What is required?
Membership of the VFA is open to viewing facilities in the UK and Ireland which offer their studios and services for hire to qualitative researchers and which have been trading for at least six months. In addition, you will need to be able to meet all of the following quality standards:
- Either the company must be a Company Partner of the Market Research Society (MRS) or at least one full-time senior employee must be a member of the MRS, and you must abide by the MRS code of conduct.
- Your studio must be fitted with a one-way mirror.
- You must have excellent quality audio and video recording equipment.
- All equipment must be kept in excellent working order and have scheduled cleaning, maintenance and safety checks.
- All studio staff must be fully trained in the operation of all studio equipment and staff must always be on hand to assist clients if required.
- You must be compliant with the Data Protection Act, have completed a Fire Risk Assessment and you must have a public liability insurance certificate.
In addition, we will conduct surveys with at least 10 of your recent clients, asking them to assess you on a number of criteria for which you must meet a minimum average score in each category and a minimum overall average score.
Great value for money
There is, of course, an annual membership fee but at just £150 it is excellent value for money and all fees are put back into promoting the VFA and its members, and helping them to raise the standards of quality of service and professionalism.
How to apply
In the first instance, please contact the VFA Secretariat and let us know of your interest in joining the association. We will send you the questionnaire which you need to complete and return to us, along with certain documents such as a copy of your public liability insurance certificate. At every step of the application process, experienced staff will be here to help you.
Join the VFA today
We look forward to hearing from you and hope that soon we will be able to welcome you to the VFA.